If you’re a sucker for romance and you’re heading toward your own big day, there are plenty of movies out there made just for you. Romantic? Of course! Comic? We’ve got it covered. Fun? Always. Here are our top 10 wedding movies to watch before your big day:
- My Best Friend’s Wedding (1997) starring Julia Roberts, Dermot Mulroney, Cameron Diaz, and Rupert Everett.
- Runaway Bride (1999) starring Julia Roberts, Richard Gere, Joan Cusack, and Hector Elizondo.
- The Princess Bride (1987) starring Cary Elwes, Robin Wright, Mandy Patinkin, and Chris Sarandon.
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002) starring Nia Vardalos, John Corbett, Michael Constantine, and Christina Eleusiniotis.
- Father of the Bride (1991) starring Steve Martin, Diane Keaton, Martin Short, and Kimberly Williams-Paisley.
- Mamma Mia! (2008) starring Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Amanda Seyfried, and Stellan Skarsgård.
- 27 Dresses (2008) starring Katherine Heigl, James Marsden, Malin Akerman, and Brian Kerwin.
- Meet the Parents (2000) starring Ben Stiller, Robert De Niro, Teri Polo, and Blythe Danner.
- The Wedding Singer (1998) starring Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore, Christine Taylor, and Allen Covert.
10. Wedding Crashers (2005) starring Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Rachel McAdams, and Christopher Walken.
It’s a necessity to have some relaxation time in between all the wedding planning, especially as the big day gets closer. For a fun night with your sweetheart or the members of the wedding party, consider picking up some popcorn, sodas, snacks, and one of these flicks. They’re sure to give you a few smiles and laughs, and even the occasional eye roll at the cheesy lines.