Shopping is overrated. Really. Personal gifts are so much more… well, personal. Receiving a gift that’s been handcrafted just for you adds an incredible amount of value and really makes you feel like someone cares.
If you’re at a loss for what to give as bridesmaid’s gifts, consider the following five. They’re personal, easy to makes, and inexpensive. Plus, they’ll show your bridesmaids that you value them as individuals and are truly grateful that they’re in your life.
1. Pearl and Ribbon Necklace/Bracelet.This is simply beautiful and your bridesmaids can even wear them on your big day. Tutorials for how to make it can be found on YouTube by Marzipan and Flax and Twine.
2. Lockets with Notes/Pictures. Finding vintage or new lockets is easy. Just check out your local craft store or Etsy.com. Attach the locket to a chain or charm bracelet, and then put either your note or picture inside. If you’re going to write a note, put it on a long strip of decorative paper and then fold it accordion style and snap it inside.
3. Mini Journals/Photo Albums. Create a mini-journal with a note written inside or a photo album with pictures of you and your bridesmaid. These button and string journals are easy to make and perfect for the occasion.
4. Homemade Bath Salts. Mix together a bit of coarse sea salt, Epsom salts, baking soda, essential oils, and food coloring—and voila! You’ve got yourself some homemade bath salts ready to give your bridesmaids (after you put them in a stoppered bottle, of course). They’ll appreciate the chance to relax after the big day as much as you will!
5. Personalized Wine Glasses. Super easy, especially if you’ve got any artistic ability. Buy wine glasses and then decorate them with your bridesmaids’ first initials or names, and possibly a (simple) design. They can use them at the wedding and in the future.