If the time has come for you to start looking into bridesmaid dresses, we have a few suggestions to make your life easier. Clothing your bridal party can be one of the most expensive parts of your wedding, and for most of us it’s important to find a balance between looking great and not going completely broke. If you’re planning on purchasing the dresses for your bridesmaids, the price is up to your own budget; but if you’re planning on having the bridesmaids pay for their own dresses, keep their finances in mind, too.
We can’t all be as lucky as socialite and Vogue contributing editor Lauren Santo Domingo, who clothed each of her nine bridesmaids in different designer gowns during her wedding to Andres Santo Domingo. But we can still dress our bridesmaids elegantly. Here are some suggestions for getting your bridesmaids taken care of:
- Peruse your local mall and bridal shops. By far, the best option is to actually visit stores and try on the dresses you’re interested in. It’s probably also the best way to get inexpensive gowns that aren’t cheap and tacky.
- Try David’s Bridal. There’s a reason David’s is one of the biggest names in bridal gear. Their products are high quality and many items are affordable to the everyday bride. Their many physical locations make it easy to try on dresses, but their online catalogue has a fuller selection of gowns.
- The Thread has been rated one of the “Best of the Net” websites for bridesmaid gowns. Their dresses are fashionable and versatile, so they’ll still be wearable even after your big day.
- The Dessy Grouphas an amazing selection of bridesmaid dresses in every color and shape imaginable. Also rated one of the best on the net, Dessy makes it easy to find sassy bridesmaid gowns.
- Wattersalso has a wide selection of gowns available, all customizable by fabric and color. Their Wtoo collection offers more affordable prices for brides on a budget.